Friday, November 02, 2007

Pedro, Huck, and Julia Roberts













What fun to have all three of these amazing, well-known super stars come visit our humble abode on halloween!

We just had too much fun hanging out with friends, passing out candy, beggin' for candy, and sneaking candy. We usually go to our church fall festival, but got a taste of getting to be out with our neighbors last year and decided to try it again this year! My kids had never been trick or treating for real as of last year, and we realized that it was an opportunity to get out and see families that we haven't seen in a while since we are now homeschooling.


As you can see from the pictures each child has their own style, and don't mind acting a little as well! Jacob ,my favorite middle child in the world, came up with his own costume. He even climbed up in the tree to find his fishin' pole. I did splurge and spend two bucks on that hat, but other than that he was trying to save his poor ole parents a buck. Julia wanted so bad to be Hannah Montana, but with just getting back from our trip we didn't start looking until Oct. 30th. She was happy with this get up though as she loves to be glamed up. I'm surprised and happy about the way her hair turned out. She looked beautiful and very much like a miniature Julia Roberts! And then there is that first born of mine with the deep man voice that still scares me when I hear it coming from the back yard and think there is a man out there playing with my kiddos! He is in the phase of not going all out, but still wanting to have fun being someone else for a night. We came across this Pedro wig, mustache, and bolo tie kit and just had to have it, since Jeffrey does a mean Pedro impersonation! I kept telling him he didn't need to worry about wearing the stache since he has been growing his own, but dad finally took care of that and helped him shave for the first time the other night! (more on that later)

I'm so thankful that it is now my favorite time of year November through January is all about celebrations of our Lord and spending time with family and friends! I have so much to share about our trip, how the house is going in Blue Ridge, and life in general...hopefully I can find some time to get these posted soon!

No comments: